Ikumatsu 幾松 is the owner of a ramen shop called 北斗心軒 hokuto shinken. Katsura Kotarou 桂 小太郎 once worked at her ramen shop when he was injured and on the run from the Shinsengumi 真選組. He came to her rescue when her brother-in-law betrayed her and tried to sell her to a brothel 
Ikumatsu and her husband, Daigo 大吾 intended to turn the ramen shop into the best in Edo, but her husband died due to Jouishishi's terrorist activities before they could do it.
- Height = 165cm
- Weight = 49kg
Ikumatsu is blonde with dark blue eyes.
After her husband died she holds a deep grudge against Joushishi members.
- Daigo: Her deceased husband killed by Joushishi.
Friends & Allies
- Sakata Gintoki: She also has a quite the friendly relationship with Gintoki. When they are seen talking to eachother in her restaurant, and she says "It's been a long time!"; her demeanor is friendly and they chat comfortably.
- Katsura Kotarou: Although she now knows that Katsura is a Jouishishi member, they are on friendly terms through the mutual acceptance of the suffering they have both endured. It is hinted by her friends that Ikumatsu might have some romantic feelings for Katsura but they are dismissed.
Her husband's brother would later come to her shop, harassing her and asking for money to run a Jouishishi group, when in fact he was just a lowly thug. After denying him the money, he would kidnap Ikumatsu and try to sell her off. However, Katsura, who had worked as a waiter in her shop, hiding from the Shinsengumi, eventually came to her rescue and they thanked eachother before Katsura left. Gintoki is known to be a frequent customer of her shop, and he comes her shop every now and then, when he gets some money from his various jobs and don't spend them on Jump, rent or gambling. During their encounter in Episode 39, it is discovered that Ikumatsu now sells soba in her restaurant.
Katsura's subsequent television interview by Hanano Saki was carried out at Ikumatsu's ramen shop.
- Ikumatsu's name is the same as the name of the geisha that hid Kogoro Katsura (the real person whom Katsura Kotarou was based on) during 1860s; she later became his wife.
- Sorachi Hideaki, Gintama, VIZ media, Vol. 7, Lesson 55, page(s) 127.
- Gintama Official Character Book Gin-chan neru! ISBN 4-08-874086-6, pg. 133.