Lesson 533 is the 533rd chapter of the Gintama series.
While remembering the day seeing Kondou, Hijikata and Okita joining the Roshigumi (a precursor of the Shinsengumi,) Sasaki ordered the Mimawarigumi to fire at the sight of the Shinsengumi and Joui alliance's ships, all of which instantly exploded. In fact, the fleet had been deserted beforehand, carrying nothing but gunpowder.
Meanwhile, at the back of the island, everyone had landed safely and tried to climb over the rock wall. Watching Gintoki and Kagura arguing with Hijikata and Sougo, Shinpachi promised Otae to bring everyone home safely.
On the island, Kondou and Katsura stayed and fought against the Naraku pursuers to make time for Matsudaira to run away. Matsudaira recalled convincing the Roshigumi ronin to fight the Jouishishi so that the two factions would wipe each other out, and protect their country, whenether from Bakufu or not. At present, he noted how ironic the situation was, and that they were not "stray dogs" anymore, but "noble wolves."
Characters in order of appearance
- Sasaki Isaburo
- Matsudaira Katakuriko
- Kondou Isao
- Katsura Kotarou
- Sakata Gintoki
- Okita Sougo
- Hijikata Toushirou
- Yamazaki Sagaru
- Shimura Shinpachi
- Shimura Tae
- Hasegawa Taizou (flashback)
- Kondou Isao: Don't get buried by their dreams. You'll cut your way to your dreams with your own swords. Here, we're gonna become samurai.
- Sasaki Isaburo: If there's something for you to cut your way to, then by all means, cut away. I tend to toss about in my sleep quite a bit.
- Shimura Shinpachi: That man, everyone, I will bring them home, I promise.
- Matsudaira Katakuriko: (Referring to the Shinsengumi) You bastards aren't just some stray dogs anymore. You're noble wolves.