Lesson 530 is the 530th chapter of the Gintama series.
At a bay, the Shinsengumi and Katsura's Joui faction met for truce and unite to save their leaders and restore their country from the current Bakufu's tyranny led by Hitotsubashi Nobu Nobu. Elsewhere, Nobume met with an one-eyed Oboro, who claimed that her works under the Mimawarigumi had pleased the Tendoshuu, much to her dismay. Oboro also stated that he used Kondo and Matsudaira's heads to lure out other insurgents, yet Gintoki and Katsura were the ones to turn up.
Inside the prison, Katsura, Kondo, and Matsudaira planned to escape to see their allies and loved ones alright. To escape from being executed, Katsura provided coma pills for them to fake their deaths within few minutes, which would trick the guards into thinking that the three prisoners were dead for unknown reason. It soon failed, as the first pill, which was meant to Kondo, bumped from Katsura's prison cell door into his mouth. When a guard arrived, Matsudaira and Kondo quickly pretended to be dead.
Hearing the guard coming close, Kondo opened his eyes and saw the guard intending to kill him. The prisoners quickly realised that the guards were actually the assassins from Tendoshuu, who were sent to kill them before execution. However, Kondo and Matsudaira were able to defend themselves from the assassin and protected Katsura until he recovered and saved Kondo from the remaining assassin behind the latter. By then, they managed to escape successfully.
Characters in order of appearance
- Hijikata Toushirou: (To Elizabeth) You guys are free to swing those swords like you always do until the Shinsengumi is destroyed. And until the end, we will swing those swords as Shinsengumi as well. And in the new era or whatever that comes after this, you happen to run into some idiots that are not anybody anymore, then how 'bout instead of blades, we exchange sake cups instead? Along with our generals.
- Matsudaira Katakuriko: (Referring to Tokugawa Shige Shige) Kondou, our luck ran out when we started serving a crazy master. And you've gotta be crazy to avenge a crazy Shogun.
- Matsudaira Katakuriko: If I can smoke just one more cigarette, I'll be allies with Yama, Gautama, Buddha, or whoever else I need to.
- Oboro: When the crow that transports death drops its feathers, it is already flying away.
- Katsura Kotarou: (To Kondou Isao) Now, both you and I have died once. Now, will we be reborn as enemies or allies?