Lesson 528 is the 528th chapter of the Gintama series.
Summary[edit | edit source]
As a result of punching Nobu Nobu, Gintoki was arrested by the Mimawarigumi. Despite Hijikata, Kozenigata and Haji's attempt to stop them, Gintoki was still led away. A hostess showed up and served them snacks, saying it was called by Shige Shige beforehand. The hostess was, in fact, Katsura, and the snacks he brought were smoke bombs. The smoke bombs then exploded as a distraction to help Gintoki flee with the others. Before leaving, they were told by Katsura that he would meet them at "dawn," much to Gintoki's confusion.
At Okita's place, Kagura thanked him for protect Soyo-hime and, indirectly, her from Kamui. She convinced him that, even if Shinsengumi was dissolved, he still can protect other people. Okita and Kagura were about to attack the Joui ronins, yet the former stopped when someone called him "Captain Okita," and quickly found Yamazaki, Saitou and Tetsunosuke in the Joui lines. Okita demanded an explanation from Yamazaki. Elizabeth and Saitou tried to explain, but the former ended up beating the latter while saying to an unconvinced Okita that they meant no harm at all. Elizabeth stated that their purpose was to talk as samurai.
After the skirmish at Snack Smile, Katsura was imprisoned and put in a cell opposite Kondou's cell. He claimed that his crime was being against the country, while Kondou's crime was protecting it. Katsura believed that the country itself had become a prison now, so enemies and allies should unify and fight to change it. He then asked a surprised Kondou to join him and protect the country.
Characters[edit | edit source]
Characters in order of appearance
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Sakata Gintoki: (Referring to Hitotsubashi Nobu Nobu and Tokugawa Shige Shige) Somebody that is not prepared to get hit back should not be shaking your fist above people. Guys that aren't prepared to drink in just a pair of briefs shouldn't expect to be able to drink shoulder-to-shoulder with us. Tell that to that rich snob that doesn't know shit about the world, little mutts.
- Okita Sougo: As long as I keep this uniform on, the Shinsengumi ain't dead! So no matter what, you guys are all dead!
- Sasaki Isaburo: (To Hijikata Toushirou) You can no longer be heroes.
- Katsura Kotarou: (Referring to himself) We no longer intend to ask anything of the Bakufu nor of you police, and that is because there are heroes right here.
- Elizabeth: Today, we're not the Shinsengumi or the Joui patriots. We came here to talk simply as samurai.
- Katsura Kotarou: Everyone is a prisoner bound to the prison called "the nation." Enemies and allies have to forget the cause of their enmity, become one unit and fight to change this country or else, this country will be executed.
- Katsura Kotarou: Shinsengumi chief, Kondo Isao, please lend me your strength so that we may protect this country.