Lesson 527 is the 527th chapter of the Gintama series.
On the top of a building facing the Bakufu's palace, Katsura stated that he had failed to keep his promise with the Shogun as an enemy. Though, as they have the same will to create a better country, Katsura vowed to keep that promise as Shige Shige's friend. He then threw a flower bouquet as a farewell to the former Shogun.
At the Shimuras' house, Otae was about to go to work and told Shinpachi to lock door whenever he went to the Yorozuya. Shinpachi replied that there was no need to lock it, since Kondo would never hide around their house again, which did not make him happy at all.
The scene then changed to Kozenigata's thoughts while sitting in Snack Smile. In a party there, Gintoki and Hijikata argued and started fighting with Kozenigata's thought boxes until Otae stopped them. The Mimawarigumi then arrived with the new Shogun, much to everyone's fear.
Somewhere else, Okita was surrounded by some Jouishishi members. Drawing out his sword, he said that he was no longer a Shinsengumi member, but only a man-slayer now. Kagura and Sadaharu then knocked down two of them, joining in the scene.
Back at the hostess club, a served Nobu Nobu teased Hijikata's current situation. He then threw away his glass, and had his guards slashed the girls serving him, claiming that he must have something better than what the former Shogun had. In reaction, Otae stood against them, only to be held back by the Mimawarigumi. Nobu Nobu took a katana and slightly slit her neck with enjoyment.
An angry Hijikata swung his fist towards him, but was blocked by Gintoki, who received the punch instead. Gintoki then punched the so-called "new" and tyrannical Shogun and sent him flying to a wall, commenting "a drunk's fist is what suits a drunk."
Characters in order of appearance
- Katsura Kotarou: (Referring to Tokugawa Shige Shige) As your enemy, I may not have been able to strike a finishing blow to you. But as fellows that chased after the same will, I swear I will fulfill my promise as a friend.
- Okita Sougo: I'm just a man-slayer, disconnected from everything.
- Tokugawa Nobu Nobu: (Referring to the Shinsengumi and Shige Shige) In other words, incompetent police that can't protect a Shogun even if they can protect the people, and an incompetent Shogun that died without being able to protect the new country are no longer needed. And the same goes for foolish citizens that turn against my new era.
- Shimura Tae: (Referring to Kondo Isao) Real police and real samurai don't do things like this. That man wouldn't do something like this.
- Sakata Gintoki: A drunk's fist is what suits a drunk.