Kagura (神楽, Kagura) is a member of the Yorozuya and the main female protagonist of Gintama. She is a member of the Yato Tribe, the daughter of Umibouzu, and the younger sister of Kamui, one of the main antagonists of the series.
BackgroundDuring her childhood Kagura lived in the slums of a faraway planet with her father, mother and older brother. At one point, her older brother injured his right arm through unknown means but he hid it from his and Kagura's mother but not Kagura. Later on in her childhood her older brother Kamui attempted to kill their father Umibouzu, however he failed and only managed to cut off his father's arm. This caused Umibouzu to go berserk and he nearly killed Kamui but was stopped by Kagura. Soon after that, Umibozu left the family. In fear that he might harm her unintentionally just like Kamui, Umibozu left to avoid destroying his family any further .
While at home, Kagura was left with taking care of her sick mother and she would wait for Umibouzu to come back from his alien hunting work. Kagura called her mother 'Mummy' and she remembered her as a beautiful woman. Her mother died of an illness when she was very young. Knowing her brother and father weren't around, she traveled to Earth to start a new life.
Kagura had a number of pets named 'Sadaharu No. #' before the current Inugami Sadaharu came along. The previous pets all died because of her own inability to control her strength. 'Sadaharu No. 28' was the latest deceased addition in the form of a dung beetle. 'Sadaharu No.1' was a rabbit.
Kagura has vermilion red hair and ocean blue eyes. She has fair skin (snow white according to Takechi Henpeita in Episode 59). She typically wears a red cheongsam with yellow piping. Her hair is tied in two knots to the sides of her head and are covered with ornaments. When outside, she's usually seen carrying a purple parasol around, which works as protection from the sun. In the special episode 1-2 her description says that she has a cute appearance (but also a rather sharp tongue). Like all Yato her body is well developed with muscle.
Throughout the series it shows that grows a bit, initially being 155 cm height, but then closer to the height of Shinpachi. In the Timeskip arc, however, at 16 years old, she was taller than him at 170 cm. Her hair was longer and fastened with clips. She also wore goggles. She wore a two piece outfit that resembled a cheong sam and revealed her midriff, laced with gold. The top piece has a high collar which covered her neck.
During the events of the Dekoboko Arc she switched genders due to a curse and was seen in her male form. In that form, she had long hair that was slicked back and she had a beard. She had a scar on her left eye and was wearing a chinese armor. She was also much taller and had a well-built body.
During the Movie Be Forever Yorozuya, Kagura was as tall as Shinpachi and had longer hair with a bun on the right side of her head. She wears a long white cheongsam with red buttons. The bottom of the cheongsam is decorated with the pattern seen on Gintoki's yukata. Her umbrella is also bigger, almost as tall as herself.
Throughout the series she is seen wearing various disguises for gags.
When she recieves a confession from a boy, Shinpachi remarks that going by just looks she's a beauty.
|[Edit this gallery]|
Kagura can be described as naive to a fault as seen in her introduction where she was tricked by a gang into thinking that she was protecting them when she fought their rival gang. She refuses to accept her legacy as a Yato, and just wants to live as a normal girl. Although she doesn't like violence, she clearly uses violence to solve her problems, Hasegawa Taizou labeled her as 'ultra hot (tempered/aggressive) China girl'. She often quarrels with Shinpachi and Okita physically and verbally. She has a sharp tongue and isn't afraid to speak her mind or insult people even if it's to strangers. She takes in things that Gintoki says as a form of advice, oftentimes in an inappropriate context. She acts very "unladylike" in terms of the ways she speaks and things such as vomiting or picking her nose.
However, she is still a young girl who likes others to pamper her and on some occasions has shown to have a girly side. Although she acts like she doesn't care for the Yorozuya (e.g., beating up Shinpachi and Gintoki) she really does cares for the Yorozuya as seen through her actions towards them such as trying to protect them when they're hurt in a fight.
She loves eating and seems to have an insatiable appetite, with a particular fondness for rice and sukonbu.
In Gintama Movie : Be Forever Yorozuya, she is seen to have the personality of a tsundere. Gintoki stated that she is "using her VA (voice actor) to the fullest", a voice actor humor since Rie Kugimiya is well-known for her voicing of many tsundere characters.
Strength & AbilitiesShe, like other Yato, possesses natural and instinctive fighting abilities and physical strength that far surpass human capabilities. Abuto has suggested that Kagura is among the highest elite of the Yato, equal only to Kamui, Umibouzo, and Housen, meaning her abilities far exceed that of an average Yato, but her kind nature holds her back, only when she is "awakened" can she use it to her full potential.
Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Due to the Yato blood running through her veins she is exceptionally strong, but can also lose control of her power and "awaken" when her friends are in serious danger. Her Yato killer instincts are suppressed because she doesn't like it. However, her instincts were "awakened" in Yoshiwara Blaze arc in her battle with Abuto when he hurt Shinpachi.
Yato Mode: Kagura, in a panic, once tapped into the full potential of her Yato heritage which transformed her into a monster bent only on killing Abuto. She has no control over herself in this state and says she does not remember anything other than feeling anger. In this state Kagura's strength and fighting ability go up tremendously enough to where she can overwhelm the Abuto, who was stronger when she was not "awakened" albeit missing an arm. For her killing blow, she drove a Naginata through his shoulder and crashed him through wall all in one move. Kagura was only able to get out of this state because Shinpachi's words reached her and refuses to ever enter this state again as she fears she might completely lose herself to the Yato heritage within herself.
In the Benizakura arc, she has shown amazing healing abilities after Kijima Matako shot her. Kagura was able to catch the bullets with her hands and mouth.
She also carries an parasol around as protection from the sun, since the Yato species are averse to sunlight but the parasol also acts as a weapon that can fire bullets like a machine-gun.
In the Bentendo Owee chapter, her fighting ability enabled her to be the first to defeat the final boss/Maou.
- Umibouzu: Her father. She feels embarrassed in his presence because of his baldness. She called Umibouzu 'Papi' and since he started balding, Hage (meaning bald-head). Kagura's dream is to travel with him to become the best female alien hunter once she is strong enough to do so.
- Kamui: Her older brother. She calls her brother Baka-Aniki (a.k.a. stupid older brother). She hates him for leaving their mother bedridden but actually cares for him very much. In Episode 146, Umibouzu highlighted that Kagura, in spite of saying she hates Kamui, wanted to save him from his destructiveness. He was also her primary opponent before their final fight (Everyone vs Kamui).
- Kouka: Her deceased mother who she shows tremendous amounts of respect to. She calls her 'Mami' in co-ordinance with 'Papi', which she called her father. Not much is known about her except for her combat skills shown in Lesson 579 along side Kankou, now Umibouzu, whilst the pursuit to woo her and tame the Orochies in the Yato home planet, Kounan.
Friend & Allies
- Sakata Gintoki: Their relationship seems to be of a "father/daughter" or "older brother/little sister" relationship. In the confession arc Kagura says that she came to earth to marry a human, and described her future husband exactly as Gintoki, it is very likely that she spoke of him. She greatly admires the man she calls "Gin-chan" and has picked up several of Gintoki's habits such as picking her nose. They do many different gags together and are usually partners in crime. As the series progresses, it could even be said that Kagura is a mini Gintoki as stated often by Shinpachi.
- Shimura Shinpachi: Shinpachi is close to Kagura, although Kagura is often not polite to him and even bullies him mercilessly. Kagura refers to him simply as "Shinpachi" though has often referred to him as Patsuan, similar to Gintoki. Kagura cares for him to the point that when he was getting beaten to death in Yoshiwara, it awakened her hidden Yato strength, though Shinpachi did eventually calm her down.
- Sadaharu: This Sadaharu is actually the 27th Sadaharu pet she ever had. Since her other 27 (plus Sadaharu 28, 'killed' by Sougo) has died, she treasures Sadaharu #27 a lot. She adores the current Sadaharu very much, to the point of going everywhere with him and she is seen cuddling with the dog whenever she feels upset. Gintoki and Shinpachi always seem to have a hard time controlling him, but she does it with ease because of Sadaharu's special affection for her and also due to her own strength.
- Shimura Tae: Otae is like a big sister to Kagura. Kagura respects Otae very much, calling Otae "Anego" (a term usually used by gangsters to women they respect). She greatly respects her, and also fears her cooking.
- Okita Sougo: Though the two are rivals, they still begrudgingly respect each other. Whenever they encounter each other, they usually fight or compete over anything, though it is normally Okita who instigates those fights (as seen in the Beetle arc). Kagura refers to him as a 'Super Sadist.' When the two are simultaneously angry, Sougo's blue aura and Kagura's red aura combine and become purple (as seen in the Beetle and the Carnival arc). In the Rengokukan arc, Kagura remarks, "that guy (Okita) definitely likes me," though this is never confirmed nor denied. Kagura is the second known female character who Sougo apologizes to (during the Vacation arc), the first being his sister (Mitsuba). She showed appreciation for his protecting Soyo from her 'bothersome idiot' of a brother, and for inflicting an injury on Kamui which she would later use to her advantage during their fight. During the Farewell Shinsengumi arc, she encouraged him when he was feeling down, hiding her good intentions behind casual insults. When saying goodbye at the end of the arc, they both tell each other to not lose to anybody else. As stated by Shinpachi, the two do actually get along quite well, and despite their ongoing rivalry towards each other, they seem to have a sense of camaraderie.
- Hasegawa Taizou: Kagura was the one who gave Hasegawa the name MADAO.
- Katsura Kotarou: She is on good terms with Katsura, Katsura calls her 'Leader' because Kagura insisted on wearing the red ninja costume in episode 43, since the red costume are usually worn by the group leader. She dislikes Katsura's idiocy about as much as Gintoki does but she often asks him for favors such as helping Kintaro and the old man meet. She respects his strength and Katsura would give advice to her.
- Soyo Hime: She's the one who introduced Soyo to her favorite food Sukonbu. Kagura helps her 'be a normal girl' for a day, dealing with the Shinsengumi, and taking a purikura with her. They remained on good terms since Soyo helped them get inside the castle during the Ikokku Keisei arc. Together with Imai Nobume, the three are called the "Sadistic Sisterhood Three" by Shinpachi.
- Tsukuyo: Kagura came to care for Tsukuyo and vice versa the moment it's revealed that Tsukuyo's actually on their side against Hosen in order to protect Seita. In the Red Spider arc Kagura is the one who nicknamed her Tsukki and shows adoration for the older woman. Sometimes Tsukuyo acts more of an older sister like in the Swimming Pool episode with Shinpachi and Seita. Other times their bond is shown through their womanhood like in the Courtesan of a Nation arc.
- Imai Nobume: The two had been on good terms especially because of their mutual hatred for Sougo. Together with Soyo Hime, the three are called the "Sadistic Sisterhood Three". In the Farewell, Shinsegumi arc Kagura tried to convince her to stop fighting because she believed it was not what Nobume truly desired after seeing her tears.
- Rokkaku Kirie: In Rokkaku Arc.
- Hongou Hisashi: In Episode 189, they form a friendship over Outdoor Morning Exercises. She is saddened by his failing health due to him going out to exercise in the rain because of his promise to her.
- Kijima Matako: During Benizakura Arc, she was Kagura's primary opponent, much like Henpeita was Shinpachi's. Matako detests her for launching threats at Takasugi Shinsuke and for embarrassing her in front of Shinsuke. They maintain this enmity during the Rakuyou arc though do work together when their interests overlapped.
- Abuto: A fellow Yato clansman. She and Shinpachi fought against the Yato veteran who clearly overpowered them. When Shinpachi was almost killed by Abuto, Kagura lost all her sanity which led her to surrender herself to Yato's destructive nature. Her "awakened" state allowed her to defeat Abuto. He also noted that Kagura was also capable of defeating Hosen. They met briefly again during the Shogun Assasination arc, and eventually joined forces in the fight against Utsuro. After Kagura and Kamui reconcile in the Rakyou arc, Abuto treats her n longer as an enemy, but as a fellow Yato, and is shown alongside Kamui and the 7th Division in protecting her from the Liberation Army’s Yato when they tried to kill her.
- Inoue: In Episode 4 when he refused to let her escape his gang, refusing to let her run away after using her as a human weapon.
She travels to Earth with no money and no work experience but her physical strength, which a few people know about. Kagura joins a local gang as she she only knows fighting. The gang provides food and shelter and manipulates her in order to gain more turf and name. Kagura, having gotten tired of violence, decides to ran away. She first encounters Gintoki when Gintoki hits her by his motorcycle with Shinpachi. Gintoki appears uninterested in helping Kagura to escape, so Shinpachi steps in. However they both end up captured by the gangsters. Gintoki manages to save both of them, Kagura is impressed that she wants to learn more about samurai and bushido from Gintoki and she intends to stay at Yorozuya for the meantime.
Without at home, she is staying at Gintoki's place. She sleeps in the cabinet shelf above Sadaharu in the Yorozuya office.
Kagura arrives with Gintoki and Shinpachi on his first assignment. When the men listen to a father who want to find her missing girl, Kagura curiously watches an Amanto placed in the garden shishi-odoshi (pl. Stukawka, bamboo fountain deterrent animals).
Kagura asks the bartender if he has seen their target, but she has already forgotten her name. With no avail, she plots to use a random customer in the bar to impersonate their target. That customer falls unconscious suddenly, and they learn that a new recreational drug is causing this. As Gintoki finds their target, Shinpachi and Kagura is captured by a member of the largest pirate group, Harusame.
They drug Shinpachi and Kagura so that they cannot fight them. Shinpachi and Kagura refuse to answer their questions and so Kagura is almost forced to walk the plank. Gintoki and Katsura save the day eventually. Kagura claims that she is intoxicated so she can no longer walk. Knowing that is a lie, Gintoki carries her and Shinpachi on his back on the way back home.Gengai. They enter Gengai's garage and find it full of robots. Kagura throws most of Gengai's robots out so that he can no longer work loudly in the neighbourhood.
She then grows a bond with Gengai's robot which shares the same name as his son. Gengai is working hard because his robots will go on display during the festival. Kagura arrives the festival and meets Hasegawa there. Together with Okita Sougo, they destroy Hasegawa's shop and also his sunglasses, just to find Gengai's robots starting to attack the Shogun.
She tries to stop the robots from damaging the festival, but she in turns create even more damages. Eventually the robots are stopped by Gintoki and the Shinsengumi.
Okita Sougo offers a job to the Yorozuya to track down the champion of Rengokukan, an underground fight club called Kidoumaru. They succeeds in finding Kidoumaru, but they also realize that secretly Kidoumaru raises dozens of orphaned children. He no longer wish to fight and tries to escape with the children. As Rengokukan is actually secretly run by Tendoushuu, Kidoumaru is killed by the new Rengokukan champion, Onijishi, as he is escaping with the children.
After this, the children ask Yorozuya to avenge for their warden's murder as they offer to give away all their toys as payment. The Yorozuya and Okita agree to help and arrive the scene with masks on their faces. Kagura joins the fight with the Rengokukan and is later joined by Hijikata and Shinsengumi.
Kagura and Shinpachi drag an anmesia-stricken Gintoki around town. Kagura and Shinpachi try to restore his memory, almost succeeding for few times, but always returning back to start by outside interference. They meet various characters like Otose, Catherine, Katsura, Sachan, Otae and Kondou. When their place becomes a crash landing pad for Sakamoto Tatsuma's spaceship, Gintoki encourages them to live on without him and disbands the Yorozuya. Despite their attempts to reason with him, Gintoki leaves them behind.
Shinpachi goes to the Yorozuya and finds Kagura there waiting Gintoki to come home. He feels that Gintoki's memory tree has withered and their existence is like a small branch of the tree, not being able to rustle Gintoki's memories. But Kagura believes even if she is just one branch in his memory tree, she will still clings and believe in him. After that Shinpachi joins her and wait together for Gintoki's return, but Kagura hits him hard as Shinpachi eats her sukonbu.
With a tip from Otose, they learn of a "silver-haired worker" in the Justaway factory. Kagura and Shipachi arrive just in time to protect Gintoki from harm along with the Shinsengumi, only to trigger his memories. After Gintoki destroys the cannon that is threatening Edo, Gintoki walks away telling Shinpachi and Kagura that "We are going home".
Kagura picks up the phone and falls into a scam, believing that Gintoki is in real trouble after hitting a pregnant woman. She goes to the bank to get some money, although she does not know how to do so. Unfortunately, an alien attacks her there. As Gintoki and Shinpachi learn that Kagura is being scammed, they go to the bank to retrieve Kagura, just to see her being attacked.
Instead of asking them to go, Kagura drags the two so that they are all almost devoured by the alien. Umibouzu arrives timely and save them all. Kagura greets her father, and introduce him to the other two Yorozuya. Umibouzu expresses he would like to take Kagura back to his side, but Kagura objects vehemenantly, saying, "Papi does what he wants, I'll also do what I want. I came to Earth of my own accord, I'll leave of my own accord." Her father insists she leave with him, and their building-destroying fight ensues.
Yet Gintoki agrees with Umibouzu and tells Kagura to leave. Kagura is devastated and ceases to argue. As she waits with her father in the airport, she sees Shinpachi outside yelling, asking her not to leave. However, the alien attacks again and Kagura is injured trying to protect Prince Hata and Jii. She is almost absorbed by the alien, and eventually Gintoki comes to save her. To escape, he taunts her that he is going to eat up all sukonbu without her.
Being partially conscious and hungry, Kagura breaks the alien and leave with Gintoki and Umibouzu. Gintoki shares a conversation with Umibouzu after the event and gives him a letter that Kagura wrote. Eventually Umibouzu accepts the Yorozuya as the new home for Kagura and allows Kagura to stay with them. He also states that after her training on Earth is done, she can accompany him to do monster-hunting just as she always wished for.
Katsura approaches the Yorozuya as Elizabeth has gone missing. They enlist the help of Sarutobi to train them into ninjas for the job. Kagura fails Sarutobi's task as she gets dirty while lying on the ground. After the training, Kagura is dressed as Red Ninja. Katsura originally wants that color but since Kagura takes it he picks the yellow one instead.
As red color is usually the leader of the group, Katsura refers her as 'leader' from this event onward. Kagura and Katsura take curry into the fight and drug it with laxatives. They successfully make three members of the Shinobi 5 get sick. However, Kagura eats those curry as well, so she ends up getting diarrhea too.
Kagura feeds Sadaharu with Gintoki's strawberry milk. Sadaharu undergoes a massive growth spurt, with his head busting through the Yorozuya roof. Other residents think Sadaharu is a monster, so start to throw stuff at the dog. Kagura protects him from being attacked and keeps him company. As the days go on Sadaharu is angered by the neighbours and turns into his Inugami form.
With the help of the witches, the Yorozuya eventually turns Sadaharu back to normal after a ball-throwing ceremony.
Gintoki finds the baby with a note in front of the Yorozuya and once he introduces him to Kagura she attempts to breast feed him. She also is quickly fond of him and is willing to carry him.
When Kagura wakes up one day, she finds she is being served by a mother who comes from nowhere. She is still sleepy so she does not realize the appearance of this new customer. The mother later asks the Yorozuya to help her to find her son, who leaves her to Edo to seek success. Kagura and Gintoki draw on the only photo they have and eventually come to suspect Hachirou, a man who wears a big afro.
Kagura and Shinpachi soon discover the true identity of him - a worker in a male host club called Takamagahara. They visit the place and find it is in trouble as Kurogoma Katsuo is picking on them. To save the club, Kagura turns into a male host alongside with Shinpachi and Gintoki. Later on, mother is being captured and Kagura joins the operation to save her.
Elizabeth comes to the Yorozuya as Katsura has gone missing. Kagura finds a mysterious ship at the seashore, so she decides to investigate. She draws a map, and gives it to Sadaharu to deliver it to Gintoki and Shinpachi . As Kagura investigates the ship, she meets Takasugi Shinsuke and tries to question him about the whereabout of Katsura. In seconds time, she is attacked by Kijima Matako and Takechi. Eventually Kagura is shot by Matako, ends up captured by the Kiheitai.
As a Yato, Kagura heals quick. She continues to taunt Matako and Takechi and refuses to say a word for her intentions to come here. While Matako is enraged by Kagura, Takechi is rather amused. As Katsura's subordinates try to attack Takasugi's ship, the duo put Kagura on a cross in an attempt to stop their bombing. That does not work naturally, and Shinpachi saves Kagura before she is being attacked.
However they are soon attacked by a large group of Kihentai members. Katsura save them and they go on to fight Matako and Takechi on the ship. Their match is later interrupted as Nizou can no longer control his sword. After Gintoki's victory, Katsura orders every one to leave. Despite her protest, she is carried away by Elizabeth to safety.
Kagura takes Fuyo No. 0 's head from the garbage dump, thinking it is used for cracking eggshells. She names it 'Tama' and refuses to throw it away as per Gintoki's requests. As the news comes in, the Yorozuya is being attacked by a group of robotic maids. Kagura is separated from the others during the fight and Shinpachi is captured. Upon knowing the story of Fuyo and her creator, Kagura, Gintoki, Sadaharu and Gengai go on to save Shinpachi and also Edo.
Kagura fights her way through with Sadaharu, but is hit and falls down from height. Fuyo asks Gintoki to believe in them and they eventually come back in the final showdown. After the fight, Kagura and Shinpachi run all around Edo to get the bits and pieces related to this incident in order to rebuild Fuyo. Tama is eventually accepted as Otose's waitress at the end of this arc.
To win Otae back, Kagura and the others must face off against the Yagyuu clan in a game in which they must break the opponents' dishes. Before the game even starts, Kagura crushes her own dish when she decides to place it underfoot. Hijikata helps her to find another dish but she insists that she wants to use a really big dish. Ultimately, she attaches two smaller dishes to her chest and Hijikata is forced to use the big dish that she initially wanted. Kagura faces off against Nishino Tsukamu.
During the battle, she breaks her wrist and is thrown into Okita, interrupting his own battle. Okita attempts to fix Kagura's wrist by snapping it back but this painful action only incurs Kagura's wrath, causing her to crush Okita's leg in retaliation. Realizing the limitations of their handicaps, they team up against Nishino with Okita atop Kagura's shoulders. The battle is won when Kagura hurls Okita into Nishino, resulting in a double KO. When the two victims are discovered by Kondou and Shinpachi, they are disgusted by the perpetrator's actions. Shinpachi later discovers via a cellphone photo of Kagura standing victorious over the two that Kagura is the one responsible for the two's demise.
Kagura does not enter the scene until the end of the match as she fights off other members of the Yagyuu clan. After the final match, she hits Shinpachi hard and claims Shinpachi only wins because of Gintoki's help. Otae leaves with them finally. They then attend Kondou's marriage with a gorilla amanto and Kagura tries to eat as many bananas as she can. When Otae breaks into the wedding and destroys it with a blast, Kagura runs off with the Yorozuya and Shinsengumi in joy.
Kagura, as part of the Yorozuya, helps Heiji to hunt down Chougorou.
The Yorozuya visits Hasegawa at the prison while bringing him information from outside. Kagura is not convinced of Hasegawa's innocence and gives him a despised look. Shinpachi and Kagura investigate Haga's relationship with various women, and bring up evidences during the trial. They witness Hasegawa's move Kinniku Buster when they try to spread out the news that Hasegawa is found innocent
A brand new game console is hitting the streets of Edo— The Owee! Kagura together with Gintoki and Shinpachi try different ways to get ahead of the line. When the time comes, every one is trying to fetch one. As a public stunt, the Yorozuya and Shinsengumi compete against each other for the Owee. After Katsura v.s. Kondo in dating sims and Yamazaki vs Shinpachi in Tetris, it is 1:1.
As a final match, Kagura teams up with Gintoki to fight Hijikata and Okita in a RPG game. Kagura plays extremely well, gets a lot of useful tools and upgrades superbly. During the process, the four players are too indulged into the virtual reality, they beat every one in the shop including their teammates, resulting a mess that concludes this arc.
Kagura says she wants to support Shinpachi during his debate on otakus, but is actually cooking a toast for herself. As Shinpachi brings back Tosshi, she is amazed by the change of Hijikata. She accompanies others to Tetsuko and finds out they are under attack by Itou Kamotarou's army soon. She fights and protects Hijikata from their attacks from that point onward.
The Yorozuya is commissioned by a local gangster to persuade his son out of his room. After a few failed attempts, Shinpachi and Kagura go back home while Gintoki stays. As Gintoki discover that the son is no longer in the room, he is attacked by the second-in-command Nakamura Kyoujirou. Under the effect of poison, Gintoki loses and falls into the river.
Noticing Gintoki's disappearance, Shinpachi and Kagura visit the gangster home again, just to find out that the gangster has already died due to sickness. They express that Gintoki will not run away from a commission without letting anyone know.
Kagura catches Kamenashi videotaping girls in their swimsuits and proceeds to beat him up. Kamenashi offers to take the Yorozuya to the Ryugujo so Kagura sings a song that...shall not go viral. They are stranded onto an island as a battle breaks out between the turtles taking Hasegawa, Otae and Kyuubei and Katsura respectively. Kagura thinks she is alone so she wonders if there is a true Laputa while looking up to the sky. This act is witnessed by Gintoki, Shinpachi, Hasegawa and Otae, to her embarrassment.
They are then divided into 3 groups to further search the island. Kagura accompanies Gintoki and Katsura, who puts his hand on a box that releases a mysterious gas that change people into elderly. They are soon all caught by the turtles. After their escape from prison, Kagura tries her best to pretend to be a turtle by trying to lay eggs. She then teams up with Kyuubei to save Otae as she does not want to team up with the old Gintoki and Katsura.
The woman behind all the plots, Ryugujo owner Otohime then lets the poison spread inside her palace. Kagura gets old but she still tries her best to drag Otohime away from Katsura and Gintoki. As the world is saved by the duo, Kagura helps Otohime out of the scraps - after landing a punch on Hasegawa out of no reason.
Kagura creates her image as a strong macho man with a big scar on his face. She attacks the administrators and cook them in order to gain further power in the game. After meeting up with Gintoki and Shinpachi, Kagura goes on as part of the team to gather information about the amantos.
On the way, they meet a lot of companions. A meeting is made when the Shinsengumi and Yorozuya plans to cooperate. The meeting ends sadly as they find no further clues to track down the amantos. A week later, they give up the hope of becoming normal again and change their jobs too. Sarutobi is discontent by their change and gather them up as she finally locates the amantos after some hard work. They fight again and successfully win.
Sadaharu is looking bad so Kagura convinces Gintoki to take him to a veterinary. It turns out that Sadaharu has eaten a human-sized doll and he pukes it out at the end of the consultation. Gintoki and Shinpachi takes the doll and back home as Kagura stays in the veterinary to accompany the hospitalized Sadaharu. She meets Katsura there as he takes Elizabeth here for a health check. They overhears an old dog is dying, as well as his elderly master.
At night, Kagura goes to see the dog and meets Katsura there. Katsura suggests to Kagura that they shall bring the dog to see his master one last time. The dog, Kintarou however speaks suddenly, kicks Katsura, and exclaims that he does not want to meet the old man. Later on they learn that Kintarou is actually a planet eater who comes to conquer the Earth. Kagura originally wants to kill Kintarou but Katsura thinks that although Kintarou does not want to meet the old man, the old man will want to meet Kintarou.
They are then chased by a group of stray cats, who are actually the planet eater's enemy, the planet pukers, who serve to protect the planet from being destroyed. Upon Katsura failure to stop them, Kagura uses Kintarou as a bait and escapes together. They arrives the park that Kintarou and the old man routinely go, and the delirious old man also appear as he escapes from the hospital. Comically Kagura causes Kintarou to grow weaker. As Kintarou joins the old man for the last stroll as Kagura protects them from the attacks of stray cats.
Eventually, both Kintarou and the old man die during their walk. Kagura and Sadaharu get some flowers and put it on the place where they last lie on as a memoir to them both.
Otose asks the Yorozuya and Otae to go on a hot spring trip. Kagura and Otae cannot see the ghosts but are possessed by them at the hot spring. As Gintoki runs into danger, Kagura's soul appears in front of him and helps him through his battle with Oiwa, the owner of the hot spring hotel. All is saved eventually while Kagura goes back to Edo with them.
Kagura picks on Shinpachi and calls him a virgin after Seita calls him one. They later visit Yoshiawara together and is soon attacked by Tsukuyo. As the Yato clan appears, Kagura is being taken down by his brother Kamui in a surprise attack. They capture Seita and Tsukuyo explains the back story of Seita and Housen to the Yorozuya. While they plan to get in and save Hinowa and Seita, Kagura put two bombs in her chest to use it as a pair of fake boobs.
As Tsukuyo needs to face Hyakka, the Yorozuya continues to move on. Kagura is stopped by Abuto midway through the main building. Shinpachi stays to help Kagura, but she is not happy with it as she exclaims Shinpachi is much weaker than her. Abuto quickly outclasses them both and he chooses to kill Shinpachi first. Yato's blood in Kagura's body is awakened at this juncture and she beats the crap out of Abuto in one epic fight.
Just as she can finish off Abuto, she is stopped by Shinpachi as he thinks this is not what the sane Kagura wants. Kagura's consciousness comes back and she stops the killing. However the roof they are standing on suddenly collapses and the three fall down. Stating that he hates seeing war among the same kind, Abuto saves Shinpachi and Kagura in the last moment.
Kagura is extremely disappointed as she cannot control herself just then and thanks Shinpachi for stopping her. Shinpachi expresses his sorrow as well since he is too weak. They continue on and meet Seita. Together, they open up Yoshiwara into sunlight and that weakens Housen in his final battle with Gintoki. After the battle Kamui states that he is going to let Kagura to stay with Gintoki a while longer before defeating them both, much to her dismay.
After the event Kagura is seen meeting with Hinowa and Tsukuyo with Gintoki and Shinpachi. She is frustrated that Kamui is not taking over Yoshiwara as she thinks Kamui may have other plans in his twisted mind. While Seita and Shinpachi gets into a comical trouble with some adult toys, she and Gintoki expresses that this ending is so far so good anyway. While back to the Yorozuya office, Kagura and Shinpachi claim they are going to enter the 'training arc' to become stronger.
Kagura is reading a manga while Gintoki is trying to have his hair cut. She soon discovers one book from the series is missing. As the barber needs to buy the manga back, the Yorozuya stands in to replace him as the barber as Kondou, Katsura and Shige Shige enter the shop one by one.
Kagura joins Shinpachi's Imperial Guards as to compete with Tosshi. She and Kondou meets in the first competition and race while clearing off every one in front of them. Nonetheless they go to the wrong way, and eventually need to get back by taxi. She then participates in the Q&A and drama session. In the final fight between Shinpachi and Tosshi, Kagura stays outside the ring with Gintoki.
Kagura is minimized as well due to Gengai's latest invention. She joins Gintoki and Shinpachi on the quest to save Tama from a new type of computer virus. They meet the anti-virus system, personified as the Leukocyte King and fight their way through, eventually healing Tama.
In the popularity poll, Kagura gets #6. The plot centers around someone sabotaging those of higher rank for personal gain. The first time we see Kagura during this arc is in a warehouse the higher-rank characters are hiding. There is one scene where she is threatening to kill Sougo.
All of the higher ranked characters try to hide in a hotel which is owned by a friend of Gintoki's. They feign cooperation but are actually still out to get each other. Shinpachi runs in to warn the others about the invaders, which consisted of Otae, Tsukuyo, Kyubei, and Sarutobi, and had named themselves "Diamond Perfume." Kagura pulls down Kondou's pants as the mayhem arises, trying to pull him down from the ranking.
As Diamond Perfume arrives and Kagura quickly switches sides and joins them, bringing all of the ladies' ranks up to 6 with hers. It turns into a mess with girls vs. guys, and Kagura's opponent is Sougo.
The perpetrator of the whole event turns out to be Yamazaki. Shinpachi and Yamazaki eventually come to terms with their rankings, and then the viewers grants them both with #1. The rest of the characters pretend to rejoice this, but then throw both of them off the side of the building.
This arc starts off with Sougo buying cakes, then getting stabbed by a girl on the street who claims she is avenging her father's death. But he has a bottle of Tabasco to block the blade, and the sauce spills over the cakes. After this, Sougo brings the girl (named Kirie) to Yorozuya to ask them to take care of her (though he mentions selling her off) and leaves them with money. As he is leaving, Kagura eats the Tabasco-laden cakes and swears she will join Kirie's quest in killing Sogo. She befriends Kirie and listens to her story.
Later on, she sneaks up behind Sougo, her umbrella raised threateningly to his head, and asks him what he is hiding. She tells him to just tell Kirie to her face. But Sougo tells her that there are some things in this world that no one should know. Immediately after he says this, a group of malicious-looking men surround them, with Kirie.
The next scene has Sougo, Kagura, and Kirie tied to a pillar in a dark building, with the men watching them. We find out the story from Sogo's old partner, Kamiyama. It turns out Kamiyama was the one who killed him, not Sougo, but Sogo shouldered the blame because he wanted to protect what the father had tried to protect his family. It cuts back to the captives, and the leader of the faction that captured them tries to tell Kirie that her father was really working with them, but Kagura knocks her out with a head bump before she can hear the story.
The three eventually escape by Sougo having to take a dump and sending the men into a frenzy, and Kagura throws up, creating a flood that has the men slipping. Kagura throws Kirie over her shoulder and the three run. But while they are running, Kagura gets sniped in the leg. They hide behind a broken wall and Sougo tells Kagura Kirie's story, thinking Kirie was still asleep, though she was actually awake. Kagura is doubtful at first about Sougo's actions, but he explains himself. Then the men from the faction show up and attack. Okita covers for Kagura and tells her to run with Kirie. Reluctantly, she does so. Sougo fights until the Shinsengumi and the rest of Yorozuya show up to help. Then there is a scene of Kagura supporting a crying Kirie, comforting her.
Kagura accompanies Gintoki to fetch the legendary stray cat Houichi. As Gintoki turns into a cat as well Shinpachi continues the job with Kagura.
The Yorozuya sets in to help Ketsuno Ana after her divorce with Shirino Douman. They join forces with Gedoumaru in the quest. Kagura brings in Shinpachi as a Shikigama to the contest. As that involves to eat Pandemonium, Shinpachi just cannot bring himself to do it, even fall in love with it. Kagura eventually creates a mess so the match ends without a winner. After the battle the Yorozuya is thanked by both diviner families during their depature and Ketsuno Ana via television.
Kagura wishes for a Santa Claus. Both Gintoki and Umibouzu dress up as Santa Claus to cheer Kagura up, also to bring along some festive feelings for Christmas. As the two meet each other in the backyard, they try to convince Kagura that they are the genuine Santa Claus. Later on, Kondou, Sarutobi and Kyuubei join in and they compete for the the best Santa with Kagura being the main judge.
In the end of the arc, Kagura thanks Gintoki and Umibouzu for their hard work and wishes every one merry Christmas.
After a short break, Shinpachi comes back and find every one changes drastically. Kagura becomes a slim, busty woman that causes Shinpachi to blush. Her fighting skills and agility also improved as stated by Gintoki. As Shinpachi discovers the truth that it is the effect of a parasitic creature, Kagura tries to stop him with no avail. She is transformed back to normal after Shinpachi hit her with a paper fan.
Shinpachi, Kagura and Sadaharu browbeat Gintoki into buying a new pair of glasses for Sarutobi. As Gintoki has bought one randomly that cannot fix Sarutobi's sight, Sarutobi ends up being targeted by Shimatsuya (the assassins trained to wipe off assassins). The Yorozuya sets off the protect her with the reluctant Zenzou.
At the beginning of the arc, Pirako appears in Otose's wanting to become part of Yorozuya. Although Gintoki and Shinpachi are not very keen on this, Kagura seems to get along well with Pirako. After a brief encounter with the gangsters on the street, Gintoki and Pirako is separated from the rest.
Otose then receives a phone call and announces that she is treating every one dinner. She orders them to find a seat first while she will come later. On the way Kagura meets a hectic Gintoki who is carrying an injured Kurogoma Katsuo. Gintoki rushes away after leaving Katsuo to them. After Gintoki's defeat, he disbands the Yorozuya and Kagura has to pack her things. She weeps as they are going to leave.
Later on they discover that Gintoki is trying to avenge for Otose on his own, but after Shinpachi punches some sense into him, he is convinced not to die fighting on his own. Kagura, Tama, Catherine join forces to protect Otose's properties as well. The next day, they are surrounded by the men of Pirako and Saigou Tokumori. With the help of other Kabukicho residents, Kagura goes on to take down Saigou. It is hinted by Gintoki that Saigou can still fight, but is unwilling to continue fighting them.
Kagura and Shinpachi then help Catherine to rescue Saigou Tokumori's son, Teruhiko. After their success, they take him to a safe place. She appears with Gintoki again outside the hospital while Kada comes back to revenge. She takes out one of the Shinra tribe pirates.
Kagura helps Kyubei to think of a "simple" name for the pet monkey. As Jugem is released back to its original master, it quickly escapes from him and the Yorozuya is commissioned by Toujou to take Jugem back again.
Kagura accompanies Gintoki to investigate in a club where they meet a real jail warden. She does not appear again throughout the arc.
Kagura is informed by Otae that Shinpachi has been overly indulged into a virtual girlfriend application. Though disappointed, she is not very interested in it while Gintoki tries to stop Shinpachi by joining the game as well.
Kagura goes to the universe with Gintoki, Katsura and Sakamoto in search of Elizabeth and to protect the Earth from being controlled by the Renho. They infiltrate the spaceship of the Renho and find out that Elizabeth is actually part of the Renho tribe, and is gathering information in order to take over the world they are living in.
As they discover that Elizabeth is actually helping them and the true villain is the death star Sagi. While Sakamoto turns the whole Renho tribe with them, they are not enough to take down Sagi. Mutsu therefore transform the their spaceship into a transformer-like thingy and Kagura is asked to control one of the legs.
After Sagi's defeat, all except Katsura are being brainwashed by the Renho tribe where like others Kagura seems to have forgotten everything. While Katsura brings along his Uno to bid a last farewell to Elizabeth, the Yorozuya and Kaientai show up, revealing that their memories are still there. Surprisingly in the last moment, Elizabeth appears again and Katsura explains that Elizabeth is actually two persons taking shifts.
The Yorozuya and Otae go for a vacation in the snow mountain where they meet the Shinsengumi and Shige Shige. During a chaotic chase, they all end up in the wilderness.
A brief appearance in the beginning, where Kagura is helped home by Shinpachi while Gintoki and the rest continue their all-night party. Kagura appears again the end, where she joins in the laughter at Gintoki's expense.
When Gintoki disappears, Kagura and Shinpachi order a replacement from Hiraga Gengai, which, after a few upgrades, became Kintoki. But things get out of hand, and she and Shinpachi are among many who got brainwashed under Sakata Kintoki's hypnosis wave. Their memories are altered so that they believed Kintoki is the true leader of Yorozuya in the first place.
They cannot recognize Gintoki anymore, so when Gintoki attacks Kintoki, they leap to defend Kintoki. When Gintoki risks his life for a "stranger," they help him as well, which leaves them confused, and even more so when Gintoki leaves with a sad farewell. They confront Kintoki in an alley, and he returns all their memories, an experience that knockes them out. Slowly coming back, they realized their big mistake, and with the help of Otae, return to Gintoki's side.
As Gintoki defeats Kintoki in the last battle, the Yorozuya and Otae meet and promised to find each other again no matter where they are heading. They later on are incarnated into another story called Mantama which Kintoki is the main character. Upon destroying the story, they meet again in Edo. Gintoki leaves Kintoki to Tama as Kagura and Shinpachi beg them to spare Kintoki.Suzuran's lover within the shogun's palace, Kagura asks her friend, Soyo Hime, to let her, Gintoki, Shinpachi, and Tsukuyo inside. As a distraction for the bodyguards, they start to play kick the can, with Kagura running off to hide with Soyo Hime. Later on after getting out of their prison cell, Kagura helps her companions storm through the palace guards to fight Tokugawa Sada Sada and bring Suzuran's lover, Rotten Maizou, to see the old courtesan after decades of being unable to reunite with her.
Kagura joins the dojo that runs by the Shimura siblings and meets Obi Hajime. She is sad as Gintoki has to enrage Shinpachi in order to save Edo. In the final match where Obi Hajime is defeated by Shinpachi, he escort the Shimura siblings back home. After the incident, Kagura continues to train in the dojo and defeats quite a number of disciples.
Shinpachi and Kagura are walking on the streets while the other; living or non-living have been frozen. They soon discover that is all due to Ginoki's clumsiness and carelessness of bringing back a suspicious clock. While they try to restore everything back to normal, they go into multiple universes which none work out good.
In the Dekoboko arc Kagura become a muscular man that has a scar very much resembling Xiahou Dun in Three Kingdoms Saga. He fights alongside with Sarutobi and Tsukuyo and is regarded as the strongest trio among the group. After the fight he travels off with Sadaharu (now a horse), but is actually summoned by Ginko to gather every one in order to fight again to restore their original genders.
Kagura joins Gintoki to help Ikeda Asaemon to complete her job while investigating the true identity of the Phantom Killer. They learn more of Gintoki's past in this arc. In the end, the framed Yorozuya is freed by Ikeda.
As an anonymous confessor, Kagura claims to come to earth to marry, and that her husband is a 'diarrhea bastard'. She then complains about his personality and his smell, and admits that out of annoyance she tries drawing on his face while he is sleeping. In an accident half of the mop pierces her husband, but she leaves him impaled. Not knowing the confessor's identity, Gintoki tells Tama to say that the girl actually did well, and then realizes he has half of a mop stuck on his ass.
While Gintoki and Hijikata switch their soul, Kagura is trained into a disciplined person. Later as every one's souls are changed, Katsura's soul ends up in Kagura's body while Kagura's soul ends up in Elizabeth's body.
With the Yorozuya, Kagura helps Saito Shimaru to convey his feelings as he almost cannot speak a word.
During a mission under extreme heat, Gintoki takes away Kagura's umbrella to get himself some shades. As Kagura gets dehydrated and dozes off, Shinpachi and Gintoki sends her to a hospital. During her hospitalization, she deliberately feigns her illness so that she can get all the care and love. While she is very happy with her act as many others start to show up, she gets too over that makes every one thinking she is going to die.
Except Okita Sougo, who sees through her tricks but plays on and puts her in a difficult position. She continues her pretension of grave sickness, and sees no way out as Okita is blocking every chances available. It reaches a point which Kagura actually 'dies' and a nation-wide funeral is held as Kagura is Soyo's best friend. Every one attends the funeral and Kagura is found to be alive by Shinpachi and Gintoki during the process.
As things will get out of control if Kagura is found alive at that juncture, the two are forced to continue with the funeral. Their plan foils eventually, which gets them chased by the angry crowd. As the Yorozuya gets into great trouble, Okita and Soyo watch this in a distance, seemingly enjoying how it turns out in the end.
As part of an escort team to guard the shogun during his secret transfer to Iga, Kagura disguises as the shogun along with Gintoki and Shinpachi. During an ambush by Iga ninja, Kagura is pulled down to the ground up to her neck by Fujibayashi Gaimon, one of Iga's leaders. She is saved from having her head crushed by Hijikata who sliced off Fujibayashi's leg.
Later on at Iga, she and Gintoki and Shinpachi run away with the shogun Tokugawa Shige Shige to safety but are ambushed by a group of Yato leads by Abuto. They are soon joined by Kondou, Hijikata, and Momochi Rappa, and eventually separated from them so they can bring the shogun to a hidden passageway. At the passageway's location she and Gintoki attack Kamui and Takasugi respectively, and Kagura faces off with Kamui. Kamui underestimates Kagura, and Kagura does not give up. Their fight is cut short, however, when Naraku forces arrive and attack them. She and Kamui fight back and return to the bloodied Gintoki and Takasugi. Kagura picks up Gintoki to bring him to safety while Kamui does the same for Takasugi.In the end she bids farewell to the shogun and her friend Soyo Hime, who were both going to fly to a safe place to hide, gather allies, and establish a new administration. She then receives a letter from Soyo Hime saying they are safe and that her brother still has friends and allies...while Shige Shige is poisoned by one of his previous comrade.
News of the shogun's death saddens Kagura. She and Shinpachi watch the funeral procession from an alleyway and sees Soyo Hime. Some time later Kagura and Sadaharu come across Okita who is surrounded by Jouishishi. She then tells Sougo that because of him, Soyo Hime, whom Sougo has protected from Kamui's group's attack, cannot eat livers and offal, and that she is preparing a feast of Okita's favorite food as thanks. Claiming that Sougo saves two girls (the other being her, through Kamui's injury in his right hand that Kagura had taken advantage of during their fight), Kagura tells him that even if he does not wear his uniform, everyone will still see Sougo (and the others) as Shinsengumi officers-- the police who saves and protects.
Kagura then joins the Shinsengumi-Joui-Yorozuya alliance in rescuing Kondo, Matsudaira, and Katsura. Faced with a problem scaling a cliff with no footholds, Kagura ties a rope around Sougo (and later also Hijikata) and hurls him to the cliff, embedding him halfway through. While they are being rained upon with arrows by Naraku forces from the top of the cliff, Kagura attempts to charge through, telling every one to hide behind the safety of her umbrella. But an arrow destroyed the part she is holding on to, and Kagura falls back down. Sougo catches her, and even when Kagura shouts at him to let go or he will get injured by the arrows coming their way, Sougo refuses to do so. Later on, in retaliation to Kagura throwing him to the cliff, Sougo throws Kagura all the way up, hitting a Naraku member.
During Sougo's fight with Nobume, Kagura comes in between them, claiming that they both are not truly serious in their fight, and that Nobume is not really a bad person. She then asks Nobume not to cry anymore, and tells her she is free to live the way she wanted to, instead of forcing herself to do things she does not want to do.
As Nobume is about to be attacked by Utsuro, Kagura intervenes by stopping Utsuro with her umbrella. Counter-attacking, she kicks Utsuro only to be stopped by Utsuro punching her leg and kicking her away. While Sougo distracts Utsuro, she charges him from behind with Nobume and is stopped by Utsuro grabbing her parasol and throwing her away.
Later, she protects Gintoki during the fight against Utsuro. After retreating from their battle with Utsuro, she supports Nobume but drops her and continues to fight the oncoming Naraku. Later, as they run to the ship, she helps Sougo to again support Nobume.
Kagura is affected by the love potion and falls in love with Shinpachi's glasses. The effect is transient, she and Shinpachi later on aids Gintoki to fire the antidote to the affected people. After the event, she and Shinpachi help Hotaru to meet her lover.
After Shinsengumi depature to the space, the Yorozuya goes hiding. They are informed by Nobume, Takechi and Matako that Takasugi and Bansai has gone missing since then. Kientai and Kamui originally plan to meet in Rakuyou, which is the home-planet of Kagura. As Umibouzu is involved as well and seemingly joins forces with Utsuro, a fight between Kamui and Umibouzu seems inevitable. To stop them, Kagura leaves the Yorozuya after placing a letter on Gintoki's table and leaves with Kientai.
She eats a lot when she is on the ship, much to Matako's amazement. She visits her mother Kouka's grave, which she finds a bouquet is already there. It is Umibouzu's bouquet. Kagura and the rest of Kientai go on to locate Takasugi, just to find him falling off a cliff. Takasugi is saved by Kamui and Kagura leaves to find her family. The Yato family meet as their past is revealed.
Umibouzu has a brief fight with Kamui, but is then interrupted by Utsuro and Kagura. Kagura faces Kamui she vows to stop all the fights within the family. As Umibouzu is injured by Utsuro, Kagura stops Kamui from killing her father. The rest of Yorozuya arrives as well. Kamui's Yato blood is awakened during the battle, Gintoki is forced to back off. Shinpachi and Kagura fight Kamui and with Gintoki, successfully bring Kamui back to normal. After the fight, the siblings reconciled as Kamui rest peacefully on Kagura's lap.
Kagura receives medical care from Kaientai. She meets Gintoki and Shinpachi on the spaceship deck. She requests to change her leave to a paid leave and is swiftly thrown into the sea by the other three. She goes back to the Earth with the Yorozuya, as Amanto from the planets Utsuro destroyed arrive in battleships and begin to gather around it.
Before leaving the spaceship, she adds a lot of strange sauces onto Nobu Nobu's meal, making him extremely unwell before his negotiation with the Amanto alliance.
After receiving a love confession letter, Kagura agreed to become the girlfriend of her friend, Dai-chan. During a dinner of sekihan with Gintoki, Shinpachi, and her father, Kagura was asked if she really got a boyfriend, and Kagura answered that she decided to at least date the guy in respect to the effort he put in his letter. Both Gintoki and Kagura's father, Umibouzu, protested and demanded that Kagura introduce them to her boyfriend, hoping they'd intimidate the guy away from Kagura. Much to their and Shinpachi's shock, Kagura's boyfriend turned out to be a gigantic amanto prince who intended to take Kagura back to his home planet and marry her. Kagura was surprised as she didn't know he had that kind of plan, though in her annoyance with Gintoki and Umibouzu's behavior she said she didn't mind marrying Dai. She and Dai then left for the park.
Not really knowing much about love and dating, Kagura said she and Dai would be just like friends, and she didn't mind if Dai fell in love with someone else as that just how love rolled. She then said that she and Dai would just have a long-distance relationship as she didn't intend to leave Earth because the people who love her, Gintoki, Umibouzu, and Shinpachi, were there. Not accepting Kagura's decision, Dai knocked her out with his breath and kidnapped her.
At the shogun's palace, Umibouzu and Gintoki asked Soyo-hime where Kagura and Dai often went to play. They immediately left in search for them afterwards, leaving Shinpachi finding out that Dai's family had a royal tradition where they'd destroy the planet of the female they've chosen to marry in order to keep the genetic information for themselves. Mistaking Kagura for an earthling, Dai and his race would then destroy earth. In the middle of the impromptu wedding ceremony, Shinpachi kicked the giant priest which caused him to accidentally kiss Dai. Gintoki and Umibouzu then defeat the giant prince's guards and knock out Dai. Having woken up from her sleep by the disturbance, Kagura beat Gintoki and Umibouzu down.
When Prince Dai got back to his home planet, he sent Kagura a letter apologizing for his actions and saying that he learned a great deal about fathers, and in a PS he mentioned being interested in the 'father' (priest) he had at his and Kagura's disrupted wedding. Kagura wrote him back saying she still didn't know the difference between parental and romantic love, but she was still happy to have Gintoki, Shinpachi, and Umibouzu as her 'boyfriends'.
Kagura became an idol at Terakado Tsuu's side, and gave to Tsuu the bad habit of poking her nose in front of people. She fought against the leader of the Galaxy Kingdom Bitches 48 band, Bitchie. Kagura can be called the founder of the Hanakuso (snot) DiamondZ 48 band.
Gintama Movie : Be Forever Yorozuya
The trailer for the upcoming second Gintama movie shows a grown-up Kagura wearing a cheongsam with the designs of Gintoki's kimono and a huge umbrella as her accessory.
She is shown in the first section as Gintoki finds a film pirate (someone who films the movies in the theater illegally) and Gintoki gives her a "queen" film clip. This will help her memory in the end.Then, once Gintoki was teleported into the future, she was shown again as a sexy adult (where Gintoki mentions his shock that someone who formerly had negative sex appeal could be so hot), and she defeats a gang with Shinpachi (also an adult).
She was the one who explained to Gintoki his death. Apparently, he went and disappeared for years. The last that was heard of him was that he ate something bad (a mushroom?) and then he kicked the bucket and just died or is still taking a dump for five years.
When Gintoki sacrificed himself (because he was the source of the white disease) so that the future would be a better place she was crying until her memory was replaced and she sat there wondering why tears were dripping from her eyes.
When Gintoki was in the Joui War battle, in the past, she and the rest of the crew with the future Shinsengumi and the future rebels help him defeat the enemies and the mages.
The movie ends with present day, with hints that they have no memory of what happened, so the anime/manga series could go on with no change.
- Kagura is most likely based on Kaguya Hime from "The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter".
- Kagura's blood type is A.
- Her favourite color is red.
- Kagura always adds -aru in her sentences, something which is believed to be a "Chinese Accent", and speaks in Chinese accent.
- She is the first Shonen Jump heroine to vomit and pick her nose.
- Otae is the only woman Kagura is afraid of and respects the most.
- She is the one who gave Tsukuyo the nickname "Tsukky".
- Tsukuyo, Nobume, and Kagura called themselves 'Keisei' during the Ikokku Keisei arc, which means 'castle destroyer' based on their intentions to destroy the castle. Keisei may also mean a prostitute/courtesan.
- Her Gender Bender form is based off of the historical warrior Xiahou Dun from the Three Kingdoms Era of Chinese history. She even called herself Kagura Dun in her male form.
- Her favourite snack is sukonbu.
- In Episode 10 she had a pet rabbit that was sleeping with her. Kagura had a nightmare and squeezed it so hard that it died.
- In The Movie : Be Forever Yorozuya, Kagura became a tsundere.
- Kagura has the same voice actress as Happy from Fairy Tail, Nagi Sanzenin from hayate no Gotoku, Karin Kurosaki from Bleach, Shana from Shakugan no Shana, Taiga Aisaka from Toradora!, Suzuya Juuzou from Tokyo Ghoul, Sukuna Gojou from K Return of Kings, Monica Adenauer from Yakitate!! Japan, Murumo from Mirumo de Pon!, Louise Françoise from Zero no Tsukaima.
|Fight||Outcome||Time it Occurred|
|Kagura vs. Inoue||Win||Episode 4|
|Kagura vs. Umibouzu||Loss||Episode 40|
|Yorozuya and Shimura Tae vs. Eromes||Win||Episode 30|
|Kagura vs. Kijima Matako||Loss||Episode 59|
|Kagura vs. Kijima Matako: Rematch||Interrupted||Episode 61|
|Kagura and Okita Sougo vs. Nishino Tsukamu||Win||Episode 77|
|Yorozuya and Tsukuyo vs. Kamui, Abuto and Ungyo||Loss||Episode 140|
|Kagura and Shimura Shinpachi vs. Abuto||Win||Episode 142|
|Kagura vs. Saigou Tokumori||Win||Episode 214|
|Yorozuya, Kaientai, Katsura Kotarou and Elizabeth vs. Dark Vader||Win||Episode 235|
|Kagura vs. Kamui||Interrupted||Episode 304|
|Kagura, Okita Sougo, Nobume and Gintoki vs. Utsuro||Retreat||Episode 314|
|Kagura vs. Kamui||Interrupted||Episode 323|
|Yorozuya and Abuto vs. Kamui||Win||Episode 326|
- (To Inoue) "I like to fight. That's the Yato instinct, I can't go against it. That's why I'll fight with my Yato blood. I'm going to fight to change."
- (To Inoue) "I've had enough of using money from hurting people, even the food's taste turn bad! A furikake gohan after a day of hard work is more delicious!"
- (To Shimura Shinpachi) "Sorry, but I don't want to become a burden, bye bye."
- (To Shimura Shinpachi) "It hasn't withered, I won't let it wither. We might be little branches, but if the branches break then the tree will really wither. That's why I won't break. Even if winter comes and leaves fall off, if the wind comes and breaks all the little branches, I'll be the last branch that won't break. I'm sure we'll be together in the end."
- (To Banzou along with Shimura Shinpachi) "If you want to shoot then go ahead and shoot, whether Edo burns or what ever that has nothing to do with me! But if you shoot this person, it'll be a problem."
- (To Sakata Gintoki along with Shimura Shinpachi) "Without you saying, we're already living how we wanted to. We're here because we wanted to. We're with you because we wanted to."
- (To Umibouzu) "And just what would I gain if I go back to that place? I'll stop at a tree when I like it and I'll fly when I like it."
- (To Umibouzu) "How I live and where I live is up to me, got it!"
- (To Sadaharu) "Sadaharu. You don't have to worry a thing, no matter what people say I won't abondon you. No matter how big you've become, I'll always protect you."
- (To Abuto) "I stand on the battlefield to protect what's important to me. And if anyone's to stand in my way, I don't care if it's one of my kind, my brother or anyone else... I'll crush them all!"
- (To Katsura Kotarou) "Zura, what brings you here? Did you come to an animal hospital because regular hospitals won't touch you?"
- (To Saigou Tokumori ) "Don't underestimate the Yorozuya. We won't let you hurt anyone else. You won't have your way around here. We aren't alone! Now that the three members of Yorozuya are together, you won't be taking anything else from us! It's time to show you the power that has kept Yorozuya safe."
- (To Sakata Gintoki) "Enough already. Neither you or Gran get it. If you shoulder the burden alone and leave us behind...how are we supposed to be happy you saved our lives? How are we supposed to be happy that Gran saved us if she's gone? If you're gone, life won't be any fun!"
- (To Kintarou) "Even if it's a short life, burn hot and bright and overtake the moment. That's my way of life."
- (To Kintarou) "Hurry! Hurry and go! How long must he walk alone?! I'm not telling you to say good-bye. Go tell him to die. Curse and rant at him until the very end. Stay and fight with him. Stay and die with him! And that'll do...for the two of you. That's what you two are."
- (To Okita Sougo) " Showing us such a disgusting thing... What the hell am I gonna do if I can't sleep, you Bastard?!"
- (To Okita Sougo) "I heard. How you protected Soyo-chan back then. From that bothersome idiot. (..) Even if the Shinsengumi's gone, the life that was saved thanks to you is still there, yes? It does not change that you protected two girls, yes? Do not worry... If you do not wear that thing, we know, we know that you are our police. No matter what you guys are doing in the future, we know. "
- (To Kamui) "Stupid brother like you better fight with his sister, rather than with country!"
- (To General Gero) "I don't care what you do to stop the conquest of the earth. But there's two things we mustn't interfere with when it comes to this dog. That's the time to eat and the time to take a walk!"
- (To Shimura Shinpachi) "Everyone in Edo's like that. They're so cold and insensitive towards people. That's the smart way to live your life. People like you who care about other people are idiots. In the end, the idiots are just used. But I like those idiots better."
- (To Imai Nobume) "But please do not cry anymore. Please do not lie to yourself anymore."
- (To Kamui) " You haven`t grown strong at all! You`re the same sniveling guy you were when Daddy left us. The same guy who put on a brave face in front of Mommy. Nothings changed at all. Mommy and everybody else left you behind, so you're sniveling and putting on a brave face. You're the same old crybaby brother of mine.
Gintama The Final Chapter: Be Forever Yorozuya
- (To Gintoki) " Its true, there's no way to get what we lost back. But Gin-chan will come back someday. He'll stumble in, throwing up, and he'll be back. If there's no one left on the planet, who's going to put a blanket on that drunken idiot?"
- (To Gintoki) " You really are just like him. You show up and reform the Yorozuya, then disappear when you feel like it. Will Gin-chan come back once everything is taken care of? Once the virus is gone and Edo is back to normal, will Gin-chan come back? Or are we going to split up after you're gone?"
- (To Gintoki) " I'm not going to care when you're gone. If you're around, it'll mess up the balance in the Yorozuya when Gin-chan comes back. And I don't need the two of you fighting over a price like me. Once you're done, you should leave and never come back. You don't need to worry, I'll tell Gin-chan. That for a while, there was someone as worthless as him in the Yorozuya. We'll remember that there was another member of the Yorozuya."
- (To Gintoki) " Where are you going? Don't you know? This film... There's no point if you only have one of them. It only counts if you have all three. Its a three-in-one collectible!"
- (To Gintoki along with Shinpachi) " You created a peaceful future, and we're going to wreck it. You gave your life to protect our future, but we chose... To bring you back to that future!"
- (To Yorozuya) " Gin-chan, Shinpachi, Sadaharu. Let me get a good look at you. There's no guarantee that we'll work as the Yorozuya in the future. So this might be the end. I want to get a good look at you three."
- ↑ Sorachi Hideaki, Gintama, VIZ media, Vol. 8, Lesson 63, page(s) 100.
- ↑ Sorachi Hideaki. Gintama. Shueisha, Vol. 26, Lesson 219, p. 8.