|Season N/A, Episode N/A|
|Written by||Yūichi Fukuda|
|Directed by||Yūichi Fukuda|
Gintama (Live-Action film 2)
A sequel for this film is announced for an August 17 release.
Yorozuya receives two similar and ultimately connected jobs: Elizabeth needs Odd Jobs to find Katsura, and a swordsmith needs the crew to find a dangerous sword named Benizakura. There is more to both requests than Gintoki and his friends thought.
- Sakata Gintoki - Shun Oguri
- Shimura Shinpachi - Masaki Suda
- Kagura - Kanna Hashimoto
- Shimura Tae - Masami Nagasawa
- Kondo Isao - Kankuro Nakamura (Masayuki Namino)
- Hijikata Toushirou - Yuya Yagira
- Okita Sougo - Ryo Yoshizawa
- Hiraga Gengai - Tsuyoshi Muro
- Katsura Kotarou - Masaki Okada
- Elizabeth - Takayuki Yamada
- Takasugi Shinsuke - Tsuyoshi Domoto
- Okada Nizou - Hirofumi Arai
- Kijima Matako - Nanao
- Murata Tetsuya - Ken Yasuda
- Murata Tetsuko - Akari Hayami
- Takechi Henpeita - Jiro Sato
Differences from the Manga/Anime
This section is updating.
- Lesson 83 and 84:
- Shinpachi is disgusted & scared to the view of the Honey-covered Kondo and Hijikata's attempted Mayonnaise bait. In the movie, Shinpachi claims that Kondo is "beautiful" ( it was unclear if this was genuine praise of sarcasm), and quietly ignores Hijikata's actions.
- Kagura and Sougo challenges a beetle fight with their respective beetles, Rurimaru and Sadomaru. In the movie, the Shinsengumi and the Yorozuya chase after it.
- Rurimaru dies from being stomped by Gintoki. In the movie, Rurimaru is eaten by an aquatic creature.
A three-parter drama, Gintama: Mitsuba Chapter, is produced exclusively for the dTV Channel at July 15.
- The CG segment from the Anime's 176 Episode makes a return in this movie.
- The characters that did not appeared in the live-action movie but were in the anime are Kawakami Bansai, Kamui and Abuto (Although Kamui and Abuto appeared only as a cameo in Benizakura movie)
- Episode 329: Shinpachi considers Masaki Suda as his "3D" form, which irratates both Gintoki and Kagura, which ultimately mocks Shinpachi for being happy to his live-action actor, while they angrily tell him not to mention the film itself.