Hachirou lost consciousness ...
Discovering that Hachiro, the missing son they were looking for, is the top male-escort in Kabuki-cho, Gintoki assists both in reuniting him with his mother and facing gangsters hoping to use them for their own purposes.
Spoofs, Parodies and Trivia
- At the start of the episode, in the second introduction blurb -
- There is a 'Thank You' message from 大西恒平 Oonishi Kouhei and his new wife to their mothers for making their wedding a reality
- The illustration is drawn by Sorachi Hideaki himself, however it appears that he has drawn 大西恒平 Oonishi Kouhei as a very short guy on stilts
- 高天原 taka maga hara - the name of the host club means 'the plains of heavens' in Japanese mythology, the dwelling place of kami or gods (ep.54)
| "As long as you are well, that is good enough. No matter what happens, you are still the son that Mother is proud of." |
'Just Do It' is a slogan popularised by a series of Nike commercials starting from 1988. For more details refer to Nike Timeline
- When Gintoki et al kept answering 'OK 我が命にかえても' waga inochi ni kae te mo, Kurogoma Katsuo 黒駒勝男 said this phrase is not popular now.
- The phrase means something akin to 'Even if it costs me my life'
- This is probably referring to 流行語大賞 ryuukou go taishou Popular Catchphrases Award, announced every year on the 1st of Dec
- 7:3 ratio - introduced by Kurogoma Katsuo as a reference to and is similarly depicted for himself as the Golden Ratio
- The black bean snack served in the Host Club in ep.54 - 煮豆 nimame
- This is 黒豆 Kuromame, black beans simmered in soy sauce
- Usually eaten for it's auspicious connotations of まめ mame, meaning 1)hardworking, 2) healthy
- ? eat 1 bean for each year of your age
- The 'Echo' brand of cigarettes that Kurogoma Katsuo 黒駒勝男 took out is a cheaper brand of generic cigarettes, as compared to Winston or Marlboro. The irony is that his lighter is expensive. For an overview of Japanese cigarettes brand, refer to Japanese Wikipedia Link
- ? Katsuo's handphone ringtone
- ? Red Bull C (ep.54)
- Pumpkin dish in box given by Mother to Kyoushirou - this dish is the home-cooked 南瓜の甘煮 kabocha no amani or simmered sweet pumpkin, often served as a side dish in Japanese meals. Other names include 南瓜の煮物 kabocha no nimono etc.